Wednesday 25 September 2013

Book and bag blogpost.

I've just finished reading a great book - The Abomination by Jonathan Holt.  It's the first in a trilogy, is set mainly in Venice (that hooked me straightaway, to be honest - one of my favourite places), is a thriller/crime novel and involves the CIA, the carabinieri, the US military, the mafia and the catholic church.  Oh, and a computer hacker. A heady mix to be sure but it was well written, pacy and I can't wait for the next instalment.

I've been very busy making stuff for our daughter's wedding on 5th October.  Obviously I don't want to spoil the surprise for our guests but I can reveal the handbag that I made for myself. I used a frame from uhandbag.com  and bought some vintage navy velvet.  The lining I already had in my stash.  I'm really proud of how it turned out:


Don't worry, I'll bore you all rigid with wedding stuff after the event, but to tease  you here are some of the things I used to complete all my projects:
  • lace, fabric, ribbon
  • wood, glue, paint, marker pens
  • wall stapler, sewing machine
  • bondaweb, thread, scrapbook papers
See you soon.  Thanks for visiting x

No comments:

Post a Comment